Topic of Interest – Interactive Whiteboards’ Single Touch

Most of the time technology changes and gets better. Sometimes it isn’t the case though, when a product turns out faulty or does not meet the needs of the market. However, I can confidently say that making Interactive Whiteboards (IWB) multi-touch is definitely a GOOD change and improvement!

The IWB that my prac site currently uses is single touch. I may be wrong but if I am not mistaken, the brand is Smart Technologies. It was purchased last year but I think that Smart Technologies have since come up with multi-touch IWBs such as the Promethean Board as mentioned in Bec’s post.

I am going to start using the IWB this week. However, with a large class, I think I cannot expect 100% engagement or focus as they will have to wait for their turn to have a go at the IWB.

So I guess the only solution to engaging everyone with a single-touch IWB would be to conduct the lesson in smaller groups.

I would love to hear any other suggestions 🙂

If you are a principal or know anyone who is wanting to invest in a IWB, here is a helpful list comparing the different series of Smart Technologies IWB by Video Centric.

Cheers! 🙂